This post was sponsored by Ragu through Linqia
I am kind of wondering why this is called Cowboy Lasagna. Do cowboys eat pepperonis, Italian sausage and ground beef? Maybe I am a cowboy and didn’t know it!
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 55 mins
Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Calories: 400 kcal
Author: Loaves and Dishes
- 1 lb browned ground beef
- 1 lb browned italian sausage
- 2 jars tomato based Pasta Sauce
- 12 Lasagna noodles cooked per package instruction
- 12 oz pepperonis two packages
- 4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, brown the ground beef and the Italian sausage over medium heat in a frying pan. When browned, remove each from the heat and reserve. Cook the Lasagna noodles according to package instructions and reserve.
- In a 9x13 baking dish Spoon several spoonfuls of the pasta sauce into the baking dish. Begin layering the ingredients as follows: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the pasta sauce, ⅓ of the browned ground beef, ⅓ of the italian sausage, ⅓ of the pepperonis, ⅓ of the Mozzarella Cheese, ⅓ of the Ricotta Cheese, ⅓ of the parmesan. End with the cheeses on top.
- Place the 9x13 pan on a baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 45-55 mins until heated through and bubbly. Cheese will be melted throughout and the edges will be browned. If you like yours less browned, lightly cover with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Great with garlic bread and a salad!
- Recipe Notes
- This simple recipe is for Cowboy Lasagna
- full recipe: https://www.loavesanddishes.net/cowboy-lasagna