CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE
Here’s a delicious crock pot chicken and rice casserole dish that the family will LOVE. It only takes 6-8 ingredients and about 10 minutes to toss in the slow cooker… LESS if you opt for using chicken tenders instead of whole chicken breasts
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 7 hrs
Total Time 7 hrs 10 mins
Here is a delicious crockpot chicken and rice casserole! AND get this…it’s freezer friendly AND cooks in the slow cooker, on the stovetop OR in the oven
Course: Crock Pot, Main Course
Cuisine: Casserole, Comfort Food
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or use chicken tenders and save yourself a step)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or make your own
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock or make your own
- 1 12-16- ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups long-grain rice uncooked (not instant)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Optional Breaded Topping:
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Spray, butter or grease your slow cooker insert
- Dice your chicken into chunks.
- Toss in the rice, meat, then the vegetables.
- Mix the creamed soup, broth, half the shredded cheese, and water. Add salt and pepper as desired and pour it over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Quash down the rice so it's under the liquid (if necessary, add just a little more water so it's submerged
- Mix the bread crumbs and melted butter. Add the cheese and stir well.
- Spread the mixture over the crock pot ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or high for 3 to 4. Check the rice for doneness if you're cooking it on high. It may need a bit longer.
- Freezer Meal Directions:
- Note: You can dice the chicken before assembling your freezer meal or you can use chicken tenders and skip the dicing part.
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the large baggie.
- Pour half the cheese, the soup, and the chicken broth over the top, lay flat. On this step, you can add the water now or make a note on your baggie that you’ll need to add it when cooking. Your choice.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible and place the labeled side down on the counter. This is so you’ll be able to see your notes after taping everything together.
- Place the rice in a separate baggie and stack on top the first baggie.
- Place the second half of the cheese, the breadcrumbs and the butter in a third bag. Use freezer tape to secure it all together.
- Flip it over and label it with its name, the date and any notes you need to. Freeze up to 6 weeks.
- recipe source: https://www.slowcookerkitchen.com/crock-pot-chicken-and-rice