This super Easy Apple Dumplings recipe happens to be one of my favorite year round desserts. Since the recipe uses store bought crescent rolls, it comes together quite easily. You will find Mountain Dew as a secret ingredient. The soda adds some additional sugar to the recipe and allows them to bake perfectly.
- 2 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Mountain Dew
- 2 Apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each into 8 wedges
- Roll each apple piece in a crescent roll and place in prepared dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- cook on low until thickened.
- Pour over dumplings.
- Carefully, pour the soda into the middle and sides of a pan, avoiding pouring onto rolls.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe Adapted From Apple Dumplings @ cincyshopper.com