I’m the person who sneaks big fat crumbs off of coffee cakes and pies when no one is looking. I try to find inconspicuous crumbs toward the edge of a cake – ones that could have potentially fallen off anyway. No one will miss them, right?
Crumb topping makes any dessert special. I love crumb topping so much that I shared a crumb topping recipe on the blog years ago just in case you want to put it on anything at all. But, what if you don’t want to put crumb topping on anything? What if you just want to eat topping all by itself in its crumby glory? I now have a recipe for that: crumb cookies!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients until coarse crumbs form.
- Divide evenly in a 24 count mini muffin pan sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Invert and gently release the cookies.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
More Deliciouse Recipe Crumb Cookies @ cupcakeproject.com