You’ll love the sweet and crumbly oatmeal and brown sugar topping on this luscious Peach Crisp. Make it with fresh in-season peaches this summer, or with frozen peaches during the rest of the year!
This outrageously delicious Peach Crisp is one of those desserts that makes a regular appearance (in one way or another) on the dessert table at our house.
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, toss thawed peaches with two tablespoons of the brown sugar and all of the salt. Let sit 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour peaches into a strainer but save liquid. Pour peaches back into the bowl.
- Add 4 more tablespoons of brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the peaches and toss.
- Measure out ¼ cup of the liquid that was drained and stir in the corn starch then mix that into the peach mixture.
- Pour the peaches into baking dish (ours was 10 inches round and 3 inches deep (2 1/2 quart))
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Use a box grater and grate butter on large holes right over the bowl, tossing as you grate.
- Once combined, sprinkle over the peaches and bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly and golden brown. The 60 minutes is needed for a deep dish like we used to cook the peaches all the way through. If you used a longer dish that was less shallow than 3”, the baking time may be less.
If the top of your Peach Crisp starts to get too browned before the peaches are fully cooked and bubbling, cover loosely with foil.
More Deliciouse Recipe peach crisp @ afamilyfeast.com